Friday, January 4, 2008

Throughout December...

We had been waiting for the call from the adoption attorney's office for several months, so you can imagine I was bouncing off the walls when they said triplets..and Jeff was banging his head against the wall, "She's crazy!" After we conveyed our interest and were confirmed on the match (while in Texas for Thanksgiving), we hit the ground running with plans for the nursery, and how in the world we are going to handle three preemie newborns.

As the month progressed and the holidays drew to a close, various circumstances led us to believe that it was God's timing for Rebecca to head out to California. By the end of December, our Birth Mother was about 31 weeks pregnant (and who knows how much longer until the triplets would be born). So Rebecca flew out on the third of January.

1 comment:

a portland granny said...

What a wonderful blessing to you both. I'm sure you feel a little overwhelmed, but how wonderful for your family. I can hardly wait to hear and see more about your babies. As an adoptive mother myself, I so much remember when my first child came to me. He was three days old and I remember feeling overwhelmed at the responsibility--I can only imagine what three must feel like. The birth mother must be a special young woman to entrust to you these precious little boys. I just cannot tell you how thrilled I am for you. God has great things in store for you, I know it.

My first baby, a son, is now 42, a pastor, a violinist, a coach,a husband and a daddy. What joy he has brought me over the years--Jonathan, special gift from God!

I love the names you have chosen for your sons. My best to all of you and trust your nicu time will go quickly and you can soon board the plane and get those little guys home.