Friday, January 11, 2008

Interesting Week

This week has been a roller coaster in many ways, but God's peace has been amazing. I learned some new information, got some paperwork related to the adoption taken care of, and just came to understand the whole situation a little bit better in general.

I have had the opportunity to do some sightseeing. Tuesday I drove up the freeway just past Los Angeles and down Sunset Boulevard, through Hollywood, and partway into Beverly Hills (before a call from our birthmother called me back to Orange). Thursday, I toured the Crystal Cathedral. The church has a beautiful sanctuary building made of glass walls. Friday, I walked through Downtown Disney. Downtown Disney is free (including free parking). It's basically an open area of shops and restaurants set up as part of the Disneyland Resort. The Disney Store, believe it or not, has no Hewey, Dewey, and Louie merchandise (ugh!).

I was also introduced to a new single girl friend local to the area (a friend of a friend) who I was able to go out to dinner with Wednesday and Friday...thanks to some networking by Jeff's Mom.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

We are continuing to pray for you! Have a good weekend. Carrie