Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Into The Routine


Jeff doing the obligatory photo-op with Dan, Chris, and Nate before he had to leave


We had a great time Saturday afternoon rocking all three


All is tranquil in Daniel's isolette


Tranquility is shattered as the nurse takes Daniel for his bath. He was not a happy camper!


Over the course of the last week, I have slowly fallen into a routine (though I look forward to the routine at home!) I usually spend several hours in the NICU each day, and generally hold them during feeding times (and sometimes beyond). They are still feeding through a tube. Hopefully in another week or so we will be able to try bottle feeding again. Our new friends out her in CA who I am staying with have been up to the window a couple times, but only parents and grandparents are allowed inside the NICU.

Saturday afternoon, Jeff said his goodbye's to the boys, and had to return home Saturday night. Over the weekend the boys got back up to their birth weight. The boys were remeasured recently and their lengths were apparently off a bit at birth. Dan is 14 1/2", Chris is 14" and Nate is 14 1/2". To the best of our knowledge, the boys are all three identical, since some of the medical reports are saying their was only one placenta for all three!!! Wow! I've been trying to look for differences over the last day or so...I need to keep looking!

I miss everyone at home very much, most of all Jeff and Mary. I can't wait to get back, but I know I'm right where I'm needed right now. I talked to the Neonatalogist this morning and he thinks the babies will need another three weeks before they can go home.

2 comments:

Pandora & Zeuz said...

muy lindo....very beauty!!!!..hablamos castellano.....haha....bueno...seguiremos en contacto......saludos y suerte.....

From the Front Porch said...

Thanks for the update. The pics are so neat. I am sure you will be able to find little differences with each one...they will each have their own personality. We are the ones who are going to have a hard time trying to figure out who is who! Love you all and praying for you!Carrie