Sunday, January 6, 2008

In California

After I left for California, Jeff was left behind with paint selections, nursery decor, and a nursery to put together with instructions. Just a hint, we are featuring three ducks...Huey, Dewey, and Louie. I have to give credit to my very creative sister who came for a visit last week, and helped figure out what all needed to be done by Jeff in the meantime to make the guest room a nursery (especially since duck merchandise is not easy to come by).

So, Thursday evening I somewhat nervously arrived in a new part of a large city I had never been in before, and made it out to the area where the birth mother lives. The trip was fine, other than a car seat that got lost by the airlines. However, that is minor considering it could have been my whole suitcase full of clothes.

Friday afternoon I met our Birth Mother for the first time in person. She was tired and uncomfortable, as you might expect if you were 31 weeks pregnant with triplets. I was even able to feel the babies moving through her belly. That was pretty cool. Over the weekend we have spent more time visiting together off and on, and getting to know each other better, as well as getting some "administrative" questions of hers and mine answered at a lunch with her attorney that is here locally.

Sunday I had the opportunity to attend a local Independent Baptist Church referred to me by my sister and brother in law's senior pastor (they live in CA). I met some wonderful new people and it was a refreshing time to spend with other Christian people.

9 comments:

Valeri aka Caregiver101 said...

Bekah! So glad you included me in the blog. I LOVE the Hewey, Dewey, and Louie motif! Praying for you and the safe and healthy delivery of the boys and the health of the mom. Love in Christ, Valeri

Gil said...

What a cool way to keep us all updated. We all question your sanity, but admire your purpose and pray for your survival. Gil

From the Front Porch said...

This is wonderful. We are praying for you and are glad to hear things are going well. Let us know if we can do anything for you all over these weeks! Carrie

Anonymous said...

Dear Rebecca,
Thanks for starting this blog and keeping us informed! We pray the babies will be able to be in utero a little longer and that the birth mom will remain healthy throughout. We love you and pray the Lord will receive much glory!
Des and Cheryl Layne & family

Embracing the Insanity said...

Hi Rebecca, this is Becky Bunton Scudder. . . SOOO excited for you! and will be praying too!! Did you know Tim Sherf & Andi Iannaccone at BJU? They also have triplets (their blog is sherflets.blogspot.com).
All I can say is WOWW!!

LaleandAndy'smom said...

Have been wondering about you guys the last few days. Praying the mom carries the little guys as long as possible. What are the docs saying? Let me know when and how I can help in the fun when you get home.
Nancy

Anonymous said...

We are so excited for you and are praying for things to go smoothly! Take care.

Love,
Christy

Betsy said...

You're ALL in our thoughts and prayers.

Betsy & family

Valeri aka Caregiver101 said...

Rebecca,
(Last time my son's fiancee was still here and she goes by Bekah - sorry)
Are you registered at Target or have you thought about registering? It would be a HUGE help to register at least a few things so we all know what you will need and don't have yet (besides diapers:) )